1881 Gin School
From splash to sip. The site of the 1881 Gin School sits on what was once the original hotel swimming pool (a long, long, time ago). Lots have changed since then – these days you’ll find 26 individual copper stills neatly lined in rows and glass jars brimming with botanicals – but the same water still flows down from the hills and into the Hydro as it did 140 years ago.
Gin Distiller Experience
After a tour around our distillery, our Ginologist will guide through a distilling class creating and crafting your very own bespoke gin. We’ll even hold on tight to your recipe card as it does come in handy if you’d like to recreate your gin for birthday presents, special occasions or wedding favours.
£95 per person and includes…
- Welcome drinks and nibbles
- Distillery tour
- Gin tasting
- Gin distilling class with a pink gin & tonic waiting for you at your work station
- 70cl personalised bottle of gin
- 10% off in the Gin Shop (excludes online)
The Gin Distiller Experience runs from Thursday to Sunday and takes around three hours from start…to gin.
Overnight Package – Gin Distiller Experience
There’s a time and a place to be the designated driver and this is not it. We’re just under an hour’s drive from Edinburgh city centre, with plenty of parking and 132 bedrooms (not to mention two restaurants, bars, leisure facilities and spa – need we go on?).
- 3-hour Gin Distiller Experience – tour and make your own gin
- Overnight stay for 2 in a double or twin room
- £25 per adult to spend towards dinner in our main restaurant
- Use of leisure facilities and swimming pool
- Hearty Scottish breakfast the next day