The Perfect Serve
Here are some ideas for you to enjoy 1881 Gin – perfectly served in a cold long stem balloon glass. Don’t forget the ice, place four to six spherical ice balls in the glass before pouring.
1881 London Dry Hydro Gin
Flavours of hawthorn, birch and fir backing an initial hit of fresh, piney juniper.
- Pour a 25ml or 35ml measure of 1881 London Dry Hydro gin on top of the ice
- Garnish the glass with a fresh or dried disc of pink grapefruit
- Add two twists of fresh pink grapefruit zest in the glass
- Pour the desired Tonic 81 tonic
1881 Pavilion Pink Hydro Gin
Juniper and soft red berry flavours with hibiscus giving the colour.
- Pour a 25ml or 35ml measure of 1881 Pavilion Pink Hydro Gin gin on top of the ice
- Add to the glass three or four hibiscus petals
- Add four raspberries (fresh or frozen) and six mint leaves
- Garnish the glass with strawberry and mint
- Serve with Tonic 81 Premium or Elderflower
1881 Subtly Smoked Hydro Gin
12 botanicals with a subtle smokey flavour. Partners perfectly with ginger or chilli.
- Pour a 25ml or 35ml measure of 1881 Subtly Smoked Hydro Gin over ice
- Garnish the rim of the glass a lime wedge and a red or green chilli
- Top off with Tonic 81 Premium or Light
1881 Navy Strength Hydro Gin
Bottled at 57% abv, ligher spicier notes come through with cardamom and dry citrus.
- Apply three or four scant dashes of Angostura bitters over ice
- Rotate the glass for 15/20 seconds and discard the ice
- Pour a 25ml or 35ml measure of 1881 Navy strength Gin over new ice
- Garnish the glass with dried orange and sugared orange rind
- Top off with your choice from the Tonic 81 range – any will go