Privacy & Cookies
We never sell your details to anyone else. The information we gather is designed to make your experience smooth and straightforward.
What data do we collect?
The information we gather includes:
- Forms – we’ll ask for information from you when you fill out a form on our website (we use the information from non-submitted and abandoned forms too)
- Contact us – when you get in touch with us by email, phone, or through the website, we may keep a record of the correspondence
- Surveys – sometimes we’ll ask you to complete optional surveys that we use for research purposes
- Transactions – we ask for personal information for any transactions on our site, including bookings, but we never store your payment information.
- Site visits – we use the details of your visits to our site, including any pages you access
Visitors to our website
When you visit our site, we collect standard internet log information. Why do we do this? It gives the marketing team the statistics they need – including how many people visit our site, and which pages get the most visits. At this level, we never collect any information that would reveal your identity.
When we do collect personal information, we’ll always be open and up front about it – like when you fill in a form, for instance. We’ll also explain what we need it for, and what we’ll do with it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites you visit. They’re widely used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We’ll issue cookies when you arrive at our site, unless you’ve adjusted your browser to refuse them. Here are the cookies we use, and why we use them:
Google Analytics These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
Google Website Optimiser These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to test and optimise site content and design. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
Most web browsers allow you to control most cookies. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use display ads based on Google Analytics remarketing features. You can opt-out of these ads, and change your preferences with the Ads Preferences Manager.
Where we store your personal data
We store everything on secure servers. Every payment transaction is encrypted.
And how we use it
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To provide a smooth service – we need to know your name, for instance, in order to book you a room
- To keep you updated – we’ll send you information, products or services that you request from us, as well as letting you know about any changes
- To create an effective website – we make sure the content we serve is the best for you and your device
Disclosure of your information
We will only disclose your personal information to members of the Crieff Hydro group (which we are part of) – so that includes our holding company and its subsidiaries. This is defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Your rights: you can say no
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for marketing. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us by email or post.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. We can ask for a £10 fee to do this, to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We’re the data controller: Crieff Hydro Limited of Ferntower Road, Crieff, Perthshire, PH7 3LQ.
We’ll post any changes to this policy on this page. And, if we have your email address, we’ll send you an email about it if it’s appropriate.
Or you can write to: Website Enquiries, Crieff Hydro, Ferntower Road, Crieff, Perthshire, PH7 3LQ.